Very annoying newspaper web tactic

Hmmm. Just tried to read a Joan Fleischman column in the Miami Herald, and a screen came up asking me to participate in a survey. A readership survey, I thought, so why not answer a few questions?

Turns out the survey was a detailed list of questions about my perception of several 'casual dining' restaurants like Outback and Applebee's. I had absolutely no interest in this, since I never eat in such places.

Why do newspapers allow such things on their websites? I know I had the option to opt out of the survey, but thought it would be useful. I am going back and trying again on Joan's column, but how many readers will just leave the site disgusted?

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Drug mystery, research roundup, and blogging status

That woman

Samsung ML-1440 Driver Download for Windows,Mac Os X,Linux